You are here
UC Berkeley has one of the largest and most complex startup ecosystems in the world, and there’s been no easy way to find out about Berkeley startups, or all the resources available to help them--until now.
Berkeley Startup Network is a search engine and information platform for UC Berkeley’s vast entrepreneur and innovation community. We make it quick and easy for anyone to find the information they're looking for:
- Resource FInder & Startup Match - search engines for UC Berkeley resource groups and startups
- Startup Events calendar - searchable & sortable by date & type
- News Page with blogs and social media posts spanning the entire UC Berkeley entrepreneur ecosystem
- Entrepreneurship courses
The Startup Network platform also offers a unique Startup Concierge service, which provides introductions between UC Berkeley entrepreneurs and prospective co-founders, investors, advisors, corporate partners, or others who can help expedite the process of connecting people.
Haas Alum (86) Scott Adams -- creator of the Dilbert comic strip -- seed-funded this venture, which was conceived and created by Adams’ associate Tamra Teig, a marketing communications consultant dedicated to startups. The project was funded by a grant from the UC Berkeley’s Office of the Vice Chancellor of Research, which continues to oversee the project.
Special thanks goes to:
- Rebecca Ricksen - for being the first UC Berkeley link in the chain
- Caroline Winnett - Skydeck Executive Director, for securing our initial grant;
- Ikhlaq Sidhu, Ken Singer and Gigi Wang of the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology;
- Robert Price - Associate Vice Chancellor, who approved the funding;
- Tiffaney Dressen - VCRO’s head of Special Projects, who oversees the project;
- Paul Alivisatos - new Vice Chancellor of Research, who supports the Berkeley Startup Network and all entrepreneurial and innovation endeavors on campus.
Welcome to the Network
Whether you’re an aspiring UC Berkeley founder, an alum who’d like to share your expertise, an investor looking for a team that can execute on their big idea, or a journalist who wants to write about it—we can link you quickly and easily.